David Casacuberta on Tue, 18 Jan 2000 20:46:58 +0100 (CET)

Re[2]: <nettime> AOL loves TIMEWARNER (4x)

Dear Korinna and friends:

I agree about the danger that this merger implies and I also think
that we should write an open letter about it. Maybe, what the letter
lacks is some kind of alternative proposal, maybe something general about how
important internet may be to  present alternative voices against this
monophony. Something in the line of: "Now, more than ever it is
important that all the alternative voices join efforts to fight for a
free Internet that can assure us a free channels where information is
not manipulated by the interests of the global markets"

Once we have a text everybody agrees, I can do the Spanish translation
of it, if you are interested

Best wishes

David Casacuberta