The World Trade Organization on Tue, 18 Jan 2000 20:23:07 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> RE: International Trade Agreements Information Request

Dear Yaron,

I am very sorry for the misunderstanding. We at the WTO prefer not to
focus so much on treaties and the like, but rather on the actual
physical results that we have been able to accomplish. That is why
I directed you to our history page.

However, http://www.gatt.org/docsystem.html contains some more specific
and concrete information regarding our founding principles and also
includes information regarding certain agreements we have been able
to see to completion during our tenure.

We are very much honored to have seen many of our principles and ideas
effected in world markets through these agreements, although of course
the bulk of our work remains to be done.

Best wishes,
Jean-Guy Carrier

http://www.gatt.org/
The World Trade Organization: Making the World Safe For Effectiveness.