Charles Carreon on Sat, 8 Mar 2003 19:16:02 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] Child of Fortune Supernova Blowout

Title: 6-Story Newsletter Template + Images

www.ChildofFortune.com Child of Fortune Supernova Blowout
 In This Issue: The Three Minutes Before the BIG BANG
•   The Art of Abby Lazerow
•   A Bulletin Board Where Posts Magically Appear
•   Lucid Dreaming in Richard Linklater's "Waking Life"
•   Carlos Castaneda and the Cult of Twilight
•   Phil Dick's Yogacara Vision Through His Eye In The Sky
•   Yes, It's Just Possible You Don't Know Everything ...
 The Art of Abby Lazerow
Now showing at ChildofFortune.com, a unique exhibition of the Art of Abby Lazerow, a painter of extraordinary depth and sensibility, as well as tremendous technical skill. A lambent light suffuses her recent water paintings. Other works are steeped in symbolism that is rich and never overwrought.

Enjoy the Art of Abby Lazerow at ChildofFortune.com
The Art of Abbie Lazerow
 Lucid Dreaming in Richard Linklater's "Waking Life"
Called by Wired magazine "perhaps the most vivid dreamscape ever to reach movie screens," Richard Linklater's "Waking Life" is a movie you should have already seen, and I you haven't, do it tonight. This film plays the "Am I dreaming or awake or dreaming I'm awake?" until you lose all sense of reality. If somebody hasn't called it "My Dinner With Andre In the Afterlife," I just did. And after you watch it, you'll want to read the screenplay. Here it is, lovingly transcribed by our webmistress of benign archival zeal.

Feast your mind on this incredible screenplay
Waking Life Screenplay
 Phil Dick's Yogacara Vision Through His Eye In The Sky
Don't have time to read Phil Dick's beautiful ultrashort novel, "Eye In the Sky"? Boohoo for you, so read this book review by Charles Carreon that takes about 90 seconds to blast through, and then you'll make time! Major cultural upgrade with Buddhist side-dish!

Read A Quick Review of this classic of dream-reality, or imagine you did!
Eye In The Sky Book Review
 A Bulletin Board Where Posts Magically Appear
The Child of Fortune Message Board is a strange garden that has grown all by itself. Filled with the oracular wisdom of the Goddess Fortuna, who has prepared herself with all ancient wisdom to deliver oracles to all. Speak, Stranger!

Visit Fortuna's Empyre
The Goddess Fortuna strides over the world.
 Carlos Castaneda and the Cult of Twilight
Ever since Carlos Castaneda wandered off into the Sonora desert to uncover the mysteries of peyote, the world has never spun on its axis in quite the same way again. Child of Fortune sports a growing archive of Carlos/Don Juan material to give eagle's wings to fancy. This way to the giant insect!

You've been normal too long! Click here now!
Journey to Ixtlan
 Yes, It's Just Possible You Don't Know Everything ...
And no one better to make the point than Loren Eiseley, whose classic of science-poetry and lyrical naturism leaves one reeling like an orangutang drunk on rotten papayas laying out under the banana trees and the spinning stars. Yes, "The Immense Journey," laid out for your delectation by the mad archivalist.

The Immense Journey begins with a single click
Biography of Loren Eiseley
Forward this to at least ten people and at least one of them will thank you. If you are the last person to receive this, and you own a duck, it will quack.  Post A Comment About This Outrage

Update your profile or unsubscribe here.
Delivered by Topica Email Publisher