April on Thu, 21 Nov 2002 14:50:02 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] MS Office Tips 11-21-2002 [ View The Whole Menu + Paintin' Files ]

Title: MS Office Tips & Tricks

Useful Links

Message Board
Subscribe
Software Store
Computer Terms

Guides

Windows Shortcuts
Downloading
E-mail
Virus Guide
Digital Cameras
Emoticons :-)
Internet Errors
Software Install
File Sizes
Image Formats

Amazing Software Deals!

Compton's Complete Multimedia Bible
A journey of sight, sound, and inspiration!

Only $12.95!

Random House Webster's Dictionary
The right word every time!

Only $12.97!

Home Depot 1-2-3
Your ultimate interactive power tool!

Only $16.97!

McAfee Virus Scan with Firewall
No computer should be without this protection!

Only $12.97!

Norton Internet Security 2002
Essential Internet protection!

Only $18.97!

MasterClips 500,000
The ultimate award-winning digital collection of clip art!

Only $12.97!

American Greetings CreataCard Platinum 6
Create greeting cards that are as unique as you!

Only $24.97!

Don't forget to
check out the
Bargain Bin!

Click here now!

Announcements

25 Ways To Improve Your PC!

I think this is the most one of the most useful packages we've ever offered and it's always a big seller! Oh, and wait till you see the great price!

What is it?

It's the Gizmos Mega Pak and it's loaded with all kinds of useful programs. Take a look at just some of its features:

The Vault - Securely encrypt and store your confidential files. You set the password and its 128 bit encryption insures that only YOU get access!

Organize Photos - It includes one of the best photo viewers I've ever seen. You tell it where the photos are (or have it search) and it displays a thumbnail of each. Just double-click an image to see it enlarged.

Cool Calendars - If you need the help of a calendar to keep track of appointments, look no further. This program includes a daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly calendar - all extremely well done and good looking.
These aren't the regular boring calendars that come with other software!

Fun Games - This software also includes 8 really well done card games (solitaire, free cell, etc). In addition, it also has a really cool puzzle game that gets progressively harder as you play. Oh, you can even listen to your own CDs while you play!

Awesome Clocks - Need to be somewhere at a certain time? Just set the alarm clock! This program includes a number of really cool desktop clocks that beat the heck out of the one included with Windows. If you're connected to the internet, you can even set the time with an atomic clock!

Really Delete Files - Did you know that there is software out there that can recover files that have been removed from your recycle bin? If you need to be sure that a file is history, you can use the built-in file shredder to *really* remove it.

Make Presentations - Forget MS PowerPoint, here's a solution that everyone can afford! You can create your own slide / video shows, complete with narration if you like (you'll need a microphone if you want to narrate). Making presentations is as easy as dragging and dropping! As for compatibility, if the person who is viewing the show doesn't have Gizmos on their computer, you can send them a player!

OK, sorry that was so long, but this software includes a lot of stuff. It's easily one of the most useful, well done pieces of software I've ever seen. I can not describe how impressed I am with this package. I'm already using it on a daily basis and will never give my copy up!

Now for the price. We have this program for only $14.95 with FREE US SHIPPING! It's one of the best deals we've ever had on a software package (and you know we've had some good deals). Remember, we do have a 30 day money back guarantee, so if you don't like it, we'll take it back (don't worry, you'll love it)! Here's the info link:

Click Here To Get Your Gizmos!

PS - I want to stress that this is really something you should look at. We only have a limited quantity, and that may sell out VERY fast. If you're interested in this, get to the website ASAP!

MS Office 101

View The Whole Menu Quickly

In the newer versions of MS Office, you may have noticed that the menus are set to only show the most recently used choices. I really like the feature most of the time but there are times when I just need to see the whole menu, especially when I'm searching for something.

By now most people have figured out that to see the whole menu you have to click on the double arrow located at the bottom of the menu.

But, did you know that there is a faster way?

When we click on a menu, we typically single-click to open the menu, then if we need to expand we go down to the double arrow and click again.

Next time, try double clicking on the menu name.

The second click should expand the menu to its full form avoiding the extra time of moving down to the double arrow.

So, to expand just remember to click - twice!

(For those readers who would like to turn off the feature that makes the menus abbreviated - returning them to full menus all the time - see the August 22, 2002, issue of MS Office Tips & Tricks in our archives located at http://www.worldstart.com/archives/index.htm.)

Office Tip of the Day

Paint The File Red

Or whatever formatting you need…

Have you ever found yourself constantly applying the same formatting options over and over again in a file? Maybe you're changing a font size, bolding and underlining line after line after line.

Getting tired of all the highlighting of text, change font size, click bold button and then click underline button over and over again?

Want a one button answer?

Of course you do, don't we all?

The answer you're looking for is in one little button - the Format Painter button.

Basically what the Format Painter does is take the formatting from a highlighted section of text or cells and then applies just the formatting to another section of text or cells that you select.

You should be able to find this wonderful invention in many of the MS Office Suite programs. I found it in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.

To begin you'll need to decide what formatting you want to copy. (Either format some of the text or cells in the current file or find another file with the formatting you need. In other words, you need formatting to copy.)

Now that you've got the formatting to copy, highlight it.

With the text or cell highlighted, click the Format Painter button (or use the keyboard combination Ctrl + Shift + C).

Next you'll need to click and highlight the text or cells that you want the formatting applied to. (If you used the key combination Ctrl + Shift + C to copy the formatting, then you'll need to use Ctrl + Shift + V to paste the formatting into the new text or cell.)

Poof!

You should now have reformatted text with just one button and a couple of clicks. And, as a special bonus, the Format Painter has turned itself off so you're on you're instantly on your way.

But wait you say… you have more than one thing to format?

Looking for a way to format multiple things without repeating the process over and over?

Good idea - we can do that with just one extra click!

In order to use the Format Painter on multiple items, simply double-click the button. This will turn on the Format Painter for as long as you need it.

Now you're ready to paste the formatting to your heart's content.

(If you used the keyboard to copy and paste formatting then it's still turned on. You can just highlight another section and use Ctrl + Shift + V to paste again.)

When you're ready to turn off the Format Painter simply click the Format Painter button again or hit the Esc key.

That's it! Formatting can really be that easy. This is one you should definitely investigate. You'll be amazed by how much time you can save. Now, if only there was a way to get back all that formatting time we've already wasted!

~ April

Copyright & Disclaimer

ISSN: 1529-336X
Copyright 2001, WorldStart. All unauthorized reproduction strictly prohibited.

You are welcome to reproduce this newsletter (i.e. print it, store it) for your own personal use. You are also welcome to forward it, in its entirety, to friends and family.

If you would like to reproduce this publication, or any part of it, in any other publication, be it web based or otherwise, you must contact us for permission. Any unauthorized re-distribution will be considered a copyright infringement and grounds
for a lawsuit.

Finally, you agree to try any advice contained or suggested in this newsletter at your own risk.

To remove yourself from this list, simply place a check next to the "Remove Me >From This List" checkbox then click the "Remove" button below. If that doesn't work, head to:

http://www.worldstart.com/newsletterunsub.htm

Remove Me From This List

If your e-mail address doesn't appear below, enter it and press the Remove button to unsubscribe.

You are currently subscribed as nettime-bold@nettime.org