MARIAM ABACHA on Sat, 2 Nov 2002 05:00:02 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] PLEASE, READ (URGENT ASSISTANCE)

Dear Friend,

It is with hope that I write to seek your help in the context below.I am Hajia Mariam Abacha, wife of Nigeria's former head of state; Late General Sani Abacha, whose sudden death occurred on the 8th of June 1998. Since my husband died, I have been thrown into a state of utter confusion, frustration and hopelessness by the present civilian administration. The security agents in the country have subjected me to physical and psychological torture. My son (Mohammed Abacha) is still under detention arraigned before the federal high court of Nigeria for an offence he did not commit. As a widow I been so traumatized, I am hopeless with my present faith.

You must have heard over the media reports on the recovery of various sums of money deposited by my late husband with various security firms. Some companies willingly gave up their secret and disclosed our money confidently lodged there, or many, outrightblackmail. Infact the total sum discovered by the government so far is in the tune of $700 Million USD and they are not relenting to make me poor for life. I came in contact with your name and address through my personal research and would want to have faith and confidence in you as I view you to be a responsible personality.

I have no doubt about your capacity and goodwill to assist me in receiving into your custody( for safety) the sum of $40.3 Million USD willed and deposited safely in my favour by my late husband. This money is currently kept in Safe Deposit Box (SDB) at a security firm within Europe.

As it is legally required, the administration of my late husband's property is under the authority of the family's Lawyer(Attorney) Barrister Hamza Williams Esq.(SAN).The investigative teams set up by my government have submitted their report after freezing almost all our account.

Fortunately, our family lawyer had secretly protected the personal will of my husband from the notice of the investigators and have strictly advised that the $40.3m USD be urgently moved to an overseas account of any trust worthy but ANNONYMOUS foreign family friend without delay, for security reasons.All our traveling papers have been seized by the government thereby preventing us from travelling and all the local and international outfit of our business empire seized. This sum of money is our only hope to stay alive.I have therefore agreed to compensate your goodself with 30% of the total deposit when you finally recieve the deposit box from the security firm and its contents safely lodged in your account. They have equally guaranteed 100% risk-free and smooth transfer. If you are interested in assisting me,please reach me immediately or send to me your confidential telephone and fax number(s) so that I can reach you as soon as possible.

For obvious security reasons, it is imperative that you keep all our communication very secret. Do not mention my family,s name or disclose the transaction to anybody. I know a lot of Nigerians have been using this Name for SCAM, beleive it this is not SCAM BUT REAL. If you are not interested in assisting me,still get in touch so that I can make alternative arrangement as time is of the essence.

Please do not expose me to my government.

Regards,

Hajia Mariam Abacha.