Musa Saliu on Fri, 2 Aug 2002 07:38:01 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] REQUEST FOR YOUR CO-OPERATION/ASSISTANCE

Dear Sir,

REQUEST FOR YOUR CO-OPERATION/ASSISTANCE

Through the courtesy of business opportunity and

after a discreet but thorough inquiry at the foreign

office of the

Nigeria Chambers of Commerce.

I write you this letter of request for partnership

which I hope you will give your urgent attention. We

worked as members of

the Contract Review/Payment Committee inaugurated by

the present Democratically Elected Government of the

Federal Republic of Nigeria headed

by General Olusegun Obasanjo (rtd). We are empowered

to deligently reviewed, re-appraised, scrutinized and

approved contract payments to contractors who executed

contracts under the past military regime and our work

is almost concluded.

In the course of our work we discovered this fund,

which resulted from grossly over invoiced contracts,

which were executed for the Nigerian National

Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) by a consortium of

several Foreign Companies like ABB LUMMUS, J.G.C.

CORPORATION JAPAN,

BOUYGUES OFFSHORE AND A JOINT VENTURES OF

SPIEBATIGNOLES AND DRESSER GMBH

FOR: (1) THE EXPANSION OF THE PIPELINE NETWORK WITH

NIGERIA CRUDE OIL AND DOWNSTREAM PRODUCTS DISTRIBUTION

AND SUBSEQUENT

EVACUATION. (2) CONTRACT FOR THE TURN AROUND

MAINTENANCE (TAM)

OF THE VARIOUS REFINERIES IN THE COUNTRY.

(3) THE CONSTRUCTION OF STORAGE TANKS FOR PETROLEUM

PRODUCTS (DEPOTS). Amounting to the tune of

US$255.3Million but was

over invoiced to US$290Million. And we deliberately

approved these

payments and all

contractors have been paid with these projects

executed and since commissioned leaving the sum of

US$34.7m floating in the escrow account of the Central

Bank of Nigeria (CBN) ready to be paid

for the technical services of item number 2 as stated

above. Before digressing further I would want you to

know that our Civil Service code of conduct forbids us

from owning foreign

companies or operating foreign accounts while in

Government service hence

we are contacting you to be part of this transaction.

We intend to use you as a front to get the over

invoiced amount of US$34.7Million out of the

Government coffers to a designated account by you.

Not regarding your field of specialization

(investment) you are going to forward us with any

company name that we will claim

executed the technical services in the turn around

maintenance of the refineries mentioned above.

All logistics are in place and all modalities worked

out for the smooth

conclusion of the transaction within ten to fourteen

days of commencement

after the receipt of a positive response from you.

You are going to get%35

of the fund by posing as the beneficiary of this

fund while my colleagues

and I will get 65% to ourselves with which we wish

to invest in Agriculture and Mechanized Farming in

conjunction with you and 5% will be set aside for

reimbursement to both parties for all expenses

incurred locally and internationally during the

realisation of this transaction, including telephone

bills, as a matter of fact you are expected to take a

sincere inventory of your telephone bills.

It is imperative to let you know that I am also a

project engineer with the Nigerian National Petroleum

Corporation (N.N.P.C).

Despite researches carried out to verify and ascertain

your personality we can only move ahead if you can

further assure us of your transparenthonesty,diligency

and promise to help and treat this proposal with

utmost

confidentiality. We are men of proven integrity in our

various fields who have put in 22 - 30years in the

Civil Service of our country, we are therefore averse

to having our image and career dented. That is why we

should acknowledge the fact that confidentiality is

the key to the smooth conclusion of this risk free

transaction.

Awaiting your earliest positive response. Best

regards and remain blessed.

Yours faithfully,

Alahaji M Saliu.