atty on Fri, 2 Aug 2002 01:01:01 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] open_digi > fighting BRADYS eviction > Friday, August 2nd

Hi nettime-l people,

the residents of BRADYS of Brixton, hosts of open_digi, have been served with an eviction order by the local Lambeth government Council, which could be effective from Monday, August 5th. Blind bureaucracy and subservience to commercial property developers means they would rather see the historic BRADYS rot than be put to good use. We will need your support to fight for our aim of an open access digital arts centre in London (with supporting affordable accommodation for visiting artists).

get down there if you can, Friday, August 2nd. Join the email list at http://club.net-art.ws for news on fighting the eviction.

PROGRAMME
8.00pm >>> party doors open

9.00pm >>> Mike Slocombe, editor of http://www.urban75.com will discuss urban75 specifically and activism on and through the web in general

10.00pm >>> Florian and others from http://www.hi-res.net will demo and discuss their work

11.00pm >>> Elout de Kok > http://www.xs4all.nl/~elout/ > Pixel Jockey Xtraordinaire from Amsterdam will discuss and answer questions about his work

midnight till dawn >>> elout, TOXI of http://www.toxi.co.uk and atty http://rnd.net-art.ws will create light and sound

more info http://club.net-art.ws

yours
atty

the open-digi season is organized in conjunction with the residents of BRADYS, http://www.net-art.ws, OFFLINE http://offline.area3.net and http://www.soundtoys.net with support of http://www.warp-i.com and their site http://www.lostamigos.net