Sasha Costanza-Chock on Tue, 16 Jul 2002 17:30:02 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] CRIS Youth Arm

16.7.2002
CRIS Youth Arm forms

A group of young people who have been active in the World Summit on the
Information Society process and with organizations involved in youth, ICTs,
sustainable development, and human rights have formed a Youth Arm of the
Communication Rights in the Information Society (CRIS) campaign.

We plan to work at various levels towards the vision of an ‘Information
Society' with people at the center. In the immediate future we hope to:

-work with the WSIS youth caucus to ensure participation for a wide range
of youth in the WSIS process, including young members of communities
currently excluded from the new communications technologies.

-work with young people at various fora (for example the III Global
Congress on Community Networking in Montreal, the ITU TeleCom Youth Forum,
the PrepComs and the WSIS itself, as well as others such as Media Democracy
Day and the World Social Forum) to advocate the idea of technology as a
tool, not an end in itself, and to ensure that attention is paid to the
social, economic, political, cultural, and environmental impacts of
technologies.

We invite those interested in working with CRIS youth to join our mailing
list, cris_youth@comunica.org. You can sign up at
comunica.org/mailman/listinfo/cris_youth_comunica.org

More information on CRIS-Youth is currently available at
projects.takingitglobal.org/crisyouth

Peace

  'Gbenga Sesan (Nigeria)
  Gustavo Noronha Silva (Brazil)
  Ha Lan Anh (Vietnam)
  Sasha Costanza-Chock (USA)

for CRIS-Youth

schock@gn.apc.org
GreenNet: 44 (0)20 7713 1941
Mobile: 44 (0)79 8577 5999
www.crisinfo.org
Communication Rights in the Information Society (CRIS)