ENGR.PIUS OBASEKI on Wed, 10 Jul 2002 16:18:02 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] REQUEST FOR A GENUINE ASSISTANCE

National Electric Power Authority (NEPA)
Abuja - Nigeria.
E-MAIL:piusobaseki@presidency.com
21/06/2002

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am an Excutive Dirctor of National Electric Power Authority (NEPA) here in Abuja Nigeria. My colleague have assigned me to seek for assistance of a reliable foreigner through whom we can transfer the sum of US$75,000,000.00 (Seventy five Million U.S.Dollars) which arose from the deliberate over inflated contract value for the General Expansion of the Kanji Dam Termal Station on behalf of National Electric Power Authority (NEPA) for increased energy generation to Nigeria and some other West African countries. The contract was awarded in 1997 during the General Sani Abacha regime to an expatriate firm with the consideration of 10% commission agreement on the total contract
value.

The contract has been completed and the contractor has long been paid, we are left with this US$75,000,000.00 being our own share that is remaining in the federal government account. The current favourable political/Economic climate in the country now presented an opportunity for this money to be transferred out of the country.

A friend who worked with the Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry gave me your reference/contact. He told me that you are capable though he did not know my mission. This assurance gave me courage to link you up for this particular transaction, and I hope it will be of mutual benefit to all of us.

Our contact in the Federal Ministry of Finance have given us a go ahead advice to begin the process of the remittance, hence we have set in motion the machinery for the take off of this transaction and further action will commence immediately we hear from you. We have agreed that the transfer of the money into your account, you shall be entitled to 30% of the total amount transfered, while the remaining 70% will be for account, you shall be entitled to 30% of the total amount transfered,while the remaining 70% will be for us. We decided to give you this percentage in order to motivate you and also to let you feel satisfied at the end of this transaction.

The nature of your business is not particularly relevant for the success of this transaction. All we require is your willingness to co-operate and assurance that our own share will be given to us when this money is transferred into your account. All necessary precautions have been taken to ensure a no risk situation on the sides of both parties and it is believed that the  conclusion of this transaction will not last more than 8 working days. However, we are going to retrieve the whole documents that will relate to this transaction and destroy them after the transfer of the money into your account to avoid any trace of the money.

Since we have no knowledge of business, our plan is to invest this money  into Real Estate, Stocks and we can also invest in some other profitable in your country based on your advice because many of our years has been spent as civil servants, and we may likely resign from government service to private business after this money is transferred
into your account.

If this proposal is acceptable to you, or if you have any questions, feel free to contact me on the above E-Mail address.I will oblige you with further information  and I need your private telephone
facsimile number, for easy and confidential communication.

Best Regards

ENGR.PIUS OBASEKI