Nmherman on Thu, 4 Jul 2002 11:22:01 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Happy July 4 to All! *%*%*%*%*%*%* Max Herman and Genius 2000

http://lm.va.com.au/pipermail/_arc.hive_/2001-December/001010.html

Unfortunately the dark days of 1950-2000 had just begun.  I can add nothing
of value at this stage of our contemplation but Waddy Wachtel's guitar solo
from "Johnny Strikes Up the Band."  This I know will not satisfy all, so I
add the opening chords of Beethoven's Third Symphony, hopefully we all know
that one.  If not, we can add Mussorgsky's "Pictures at an Exhibition"--or
Lou Reed's triumphal anthem, "Lonesome Cowboy Bill."Many have read Roald
Dahl's "James and the Giant Peach," but few have read "The Great Switcheroo,"
nor do they know how this all feels vis-a-vis Mies van de Rohe.  Illinois,
Urbus In Grotto, Fermi at U. Chicago.  The erotic uses of graphite.Few know
how finely Max Herman plays tennis.  Does Max Herman respect France by
definition because he plays fine tennis?  Was the French academy bought and
sold as part of the Marshall Plan?  Merely to witness Max's groundstrokes is
to feel the answer.

http://lm.va.com.au/pipermail/_arc.hive_/2001-December/001010.html