Ricardo Bello on Fri, 28 Jun 2002 15:49:01 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Chavezīs Political Blackmail

Chavez strategy is to denounce all opposition as fascist and
there are fascists, extreme right elements and savage reactionaries
among the opposition, thatīs completely true. Another kind of
extremists are supporting the President but thatīs not the issue
with this post.

Democratic opposition is guilty of fascist behaviour in governmentīs
eyes, just because they denounced corruption in high military
ranks, or the lack of sound economic policies. Thatīs a political
blackmail. If you are political correct, then you must belong
to the Chavezīs side; otherwise, you are a fascist. This argument
closes all roads leading to institutional change. Stand by my
side -he says-, leave me alone or I will unleash hell: civil
war.