April on Thu, 27 Jun 2002 23:02:01 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] MS Office Tips 06-27-2002 [ Multiple Worksheet Selects + Headers and Footers Pt 2 ]

Title: MS Office Tips & Tricks

Useful Links

Message Board
Subscribe
Software Store
Computer Terms

Guides

Windows Shortcuts
Downloading
E-mail
Virus Guide
Digital Cameras
Emoticons :-)
Internet Errors
Software Install
File Sizes
Image Formats

Software Deals!

Check out our new bargain bin!
Click here now!

NNY Times Crosswords
Play hundreds of different crossword puzzles!

Only $12.97!

Pajama Sam's Sock Works
Awesome Kids Game!

Only $7.97

Business Cards
The easy way to make business cards!

Only $12.95!

Ulead PhotoImpact 6
Awesome graphics program - great for the web!

Only $34.97!

Encyclopedia Britannica 2002 w/ FREE Myst Game
The best encyclopedia with the # 1 game of all time!

Only $24.97!

Norton Personal Firewall 2002
Keep hackers out of your computer!!

Only $19.97!

Announcements

Did You Get Yours?

We had a huge response to our "Business Software Sale" on Tues! Thanks to all who ordered!

If you missed out, we still have some left (although a couple of the titles are getting low). Again these are only $6.97ea! Retail is $39.95, so it's an incredible deal! What' s available? Check it out:

Business Cards - We've had this popular title in the past but never for this low of a price. It's about the easiest way there is to create professional looking business cards (just 4 easy steps!)

Invoices & Estimates - Prepare an invoice in three easy steps! This is the software we use when we need to generate an invoice for a customer! (Although we paid a lot more for it than you're about to!)

Address Book - Creating and printing address books is fast and easy! If you're looking for a good way to keep track of friends, family, contacts, or whatever - this is a must have!

Business Plan Starter - A MUST for any business! Most businesses fail because the owners think they know what they need to know. This helps you to be sure!

Again, these are only $6.97ea and US Shipping is FREE! Yes, it's a fantastic deal, but quantities are limited. So, put the rest of the newsletter off for a few minutes and get to the site before we sell out. Here's the link:

http://www.worldstart.com/store/package.htm

PS - This was a one time deal, so this $6.97 price is not going to last.

Ohh, Check This Out!

We have a new section on our website - It's our "What's On Sale?" section and it's loaded with overstock and clearance items. What's it mean to you? You're getting great software at an incredible price. In some cases, the software listed is at or below our cost. So, if you want in on this, head to the link below:

http://www.worldstart.com/store/whatsonsale.htm

MS Office 101

Selecting Multiple Worksheets in an MS Excel Workbook

We all know that to select one sheet you simply click on the sheet tab. The next logical question might be "How do I select several consecutive sheets at once?"

Easy enough answer. First, you'll need to locate the worksheet tabs in order to select the ones you want.

Then, simply select the first sheet by clicking on its tab then hold down the shift key and click on the last sheet you want to select. You should notice that all the tabs between the two have also been highlighted.

What if the sheets you need to select aren't consecutive? Easy as pie. Simply hold down the control key and click on as many sheet tabs as you need.

Want to select all the sheets in the workbook? Well, one way would be to use the shift key trick. Another way would be right-clicking on a sheet tab and selecting the Select All Sheets choice from the pop-up menu.

Well, that's it. It's a good skill to develop. You can use this trick for many things such as formatting multiple sheets simultaneously and today's Tip of the Day. Go ahead - give it a whirl!

Office Tip of the Day

MS Word: Headers & Footers Demystified - Part 2

Let's continue on our journey through the world of headers and footers. The train stops next at the MS Excel station.

To access headers and footers in Excel, you will go to the View menu, Header and Footer choice.

The Page Setup window will open with the header/footer tab already selected.

The top preview box shows the header for the worksheet(s) currently active. The bottom preview box show the footer for the same worksheet(s).

*NOTE: Each worksheet in a workbook has its own header and/or footer. In order to set identical headers and footers for multiple worksheets, at one time, select all worksheets to be affected before you begin. See the Computers 101 section above for an explanation of selecting multiple worksheets.

In the middle of the window you will find two drop-down lists. Each contains a list of preset header or footer information that you may choose. If you select something from one of the lists you will see the result in the preview box.

That's the quick and easy part, but let's just suppose that you don't like any of the list choices. You've got your own ideas about what should be in the header and footer. What do you do now?

See the buttons for Custom Header… and Custom Footer…? These are the buttons for you.

Clicking on one of these will take you to another window where you can enter whatever your heart desires.

The first thing you should note about this window is the three sections for entering text. All information in the left box will be left justified on the left of the page. The center box will put all information center-justified in the center of the page. The right-hand box will put right-justified text on the right side of the page.

Just above the text boxes are buttons that can help you to easily set up the information you're looking to include. These are the same types of buttons that MS Word utilizes. (Page numbers, number of pages, date, time, setting font options, etc…) In order to use them, you will need to click into one of the three sections in order to let the program know where to put the information.

When you have entered in all of the information you need, click the OK button and the header and/or footer should appear on your printouts.

I should probably warn you that you will not see them in the worksheet itself (like you sometimes can in Word). However, they will appear in the print preview screen. Should you decide that they need to be altered, you can get to the Page Setup window by clicking the Setup button. Then click on the header/footer tab and you will be back in the editing screen for more header and footer fun!

Copyright & Disclaimer

ISSN: 1529-336X
Copyright 2001, WorldStart. All unauthorized reproduction strictly prohibited.

You are welcome to reproduce this newsletter (i.e. print it, store it) for your own personal use. You are also welcome to forward it, in its entirety, to friends and family.

If you would like to reproduce this publication, or any part of it, in any other publication, be it web based or otherwise, you must contact us for permission. Any unauthorized re-distribution will be considered a copyright infringement and grounds
for a lawsuit.

Finally, you agree to try any advice contained or suggested in this newsletter at your own risk.

You are currently subscribed to msofficetips as: nettime-bold@nettime.org. To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-msofficetips-218719X@inboxnewsletters.com _______________________________________________ Nettime-bold mailing list Nettime-bold@nettime.org http://amsterdam.nettime.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/nettime-bold