6 digit on Fri, 3 May 2002 15:04:02 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Fw: [spectre] textz.com newsletter may 2002

--- Begin Message ---

   textz.com newsletter may 2002

         [1] demonstration against copyright, may 1st, berlin

         [2] what's new

         [3] what's next

           [1] demonstration against copyright, may 1st, berlin

         textz.com is supporting the demonstration "nie wieder copyright
         - fight corporate piracy", starting may 1st at 6pm at rosa-lux=
         emburg-platz in berlin-mitte. at least 10,000 people are expec=
         ted to join the rally that is going to be europe's biggest pro=
         test against "intellectual property" so far.

           [2] what's new

           [2.1] 10 of our most recent textz

         Theodor W. Adorno: Minima Moralia
         http://textz.com/index.php3?text=adorno+minima

         Theodor W. Adorno / Max Horkheimer: Dialektik der Aufklärung
         http://textz.com/index.php3?text=adorno+horkheimer+dialektik

         Richard Barbrook: Das utopische Moment der Vernetzung
         http://textz.com/index.php3?text=barbrook+vernetzung

         Umberto Eco: The Island of the Day Before
         http://textz.com/index.php3?text=eco+island

         Jean-Luc-Godard: Einfuehrung in eine wahre Geschichte des Kinos
         http://textz.com/index.php3?text=godard+einfuehrung

         Gutermann / Lefebvre: Das Problem des Irrtums und der Lüge
         http://textz.com/index.php3?text=gutermann+lefebvre+problem

         Gabriel Garcia Marquez: One Hundred Years of Solitude
         http://textz.com/index.php3?text=marquez+solitude

         Marcel Proust: Du coté de chez Swann
         http://textz.com/index.php3?text=proust+swann

         Salman Rushdie: The Satanic Verses
         http://textz.com/index.php3?text=rushdie+verses

         Shuddhabrata Sengupta: Das Rädchen...
         http://textz.com/index.php3?text=sengupta+raedchen

         (all the praise goes to our numerous contributors, of course...)

           [2.2] textz.com/zeitgeist

         we are glad to announce the launch of our new statistics section
         "textz.com zeitgeist - text patterns, trends, and surprises acc=
         ording to textz.com". if you are at least a little familiar with
         http://google.com/press/zeitgeist.html then you've got the idea.
         textz.com/zeitgeist is located at > http://textz.com/zeitgeist <

           [2.3] textz.com full text search

         we have also released a first beta version of our brand new full
         text search engine. actually, it is not exactly *our* search en=
         gine but a very simple google search results parser. if you read
         php, the code below will give you an idea. the find button is up
         and working, and both quality and quantity of results is expect=
         ed to rise in the coming weeks.

     function search($q) {
       $f = pfsockopen("google.com", 80, $error, $message, 1000);
       if (!$f)
         return "Error $error $message";
       fputs($f, "GET /search?q=site:textz.gnutenberg.net+$q&num=1000");
       fputs($f, "HTTP/1.0\r\n");
       fputs($f, "User Agent: Rolux Internet Implorer\r\n");
       fputs($f, "Host: www.google.com\r\n");
       fputs($f, "\r\n");
       while (!feof($f))
         $google .= fgetc($f);
       fclose($f);
       $data = explode("<p><a href=http://textz.gnutenberg.net/textz/";, $google);
       for ($i = 1; $i < count($data); $i++) {
         $data_ = explode(">", $data[$i]);
         if ($i > 1)
           $result .= " | ";
         $result .= $data_[0];
       }
       return $result;
     }

           [3] what's next

         textz.com is continuously working on its user interface in order
         to provide you with the best textwarez user experience available
         on the internet. we are currently working on

         - more stable interface for non-microsoft clients
         - more (and cusomizable) interface options
         - more search and sort features
         - more (and more reliable) newsbots that phone home when broken
         - more help and source code for potential mirror sites

         + of course: more textz...

   http://textz.com - we are the & in copy & paste