Dan Sheetz on Sat, 27 Apr 2002 06:27:39 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> the Gates of hell

I must say that I don't find it all that outrageous.  Though I am not a
particular supporter of the war in Afghanistan per se, I do not forget that
people who serve in the US military are doing a hellish job that I sure
wouldn't want to do.  It doesn't bother me terribly when I see those
commercials where some company thanks the men and women of the armed forces
for doing what they do.  I do find it more than a little smarmy when it
comes from a corporation seeking to improve its image, but it's no more
inappropriate for Microsoft Israel to do it than it is for Target to do it
here in the states.

My $.02

Dan Sheetz
Chicago, USA