Why Project Updates on Thu, 28 Mar 2002 08:58:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] UPDATE: The Why Project

UPDATE: The Why Project

This is to update you with new info about http://Whyproject.org

> The New-York Historical Society, in collaboration with City Lore: The New York Center for Urban Folk Culture, is showing artwork from Whyproject.org in the exhibit "History Responds series: MISSING: STREETSCAPE OF A CITY IN MOURNING." Select work from Whyproject.org artwork and other sources is printed out and displayed in folios for visitors to browse. The show runs from March 12 - June 9, 2002.

> Now online, the "Whyproject.org Community" is a Message Board on our website where contributing artists and guests are invited to share ideas about the ongoing direction of this project. You are invited to start dialogs, share information, and join in the ongoing collaboration. Discuss this in our Community at http://www.whyproject.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

> A Canadian publisher has published six Whyproject.org artworks (with artists' permission) in a language arts textbook for grade 12 students. We are very pleased to contribute to this educational tool. The textbook is titled "Imprints 12 : short stories, poetry, essays, media" by Gage Learning, 2002. ISBN 0-7715-0947-2.

> Whyproject.org participants are planning a trip, on their own, to NYC and Washington D.C. on September 11, 2002. If you want to join or lead a group please feel free to discuss this in our Community messageboard.

Updates to the Whyproject.org artwork pages will resume next month when a website re-design is complete. Submissions received since November will be added then. Meanwhile you're invited to send new work about the attack and it's aftermath -- there is no limit to the number of submissions, which are invited until September 11, 2002.

Yours,
Bill Bartee
http://www.whyproject.org

You received this because you participated or helped the project in some way. We apologize if you received it by mistake.

Click on the link below to be removed from the Why Project Updates mailing list.
http://whyproject.org/cgi-bin/news/subscribe.pl?nettime-l@bbs.thing.net

Proudly powered by Subscribe Me Lite (http://www.cgiscriptcenter.com)