bc on Sat, 23 Mar 2002 00:25:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] RE: <nettime> the dominion of nettime

  very interesting experiences and thanks for
  sharing Steve. i am partly done with a text
  to respond with something more tangible, &
  in doing so, it is helping me balance, but also
  make more clear why this is beyond normal
  lists and games. this is more, there are nukes
  in the world, and people who agitate and who
  instigate _on_purpose for their own ends. and
  who happen to be academics connected with
  people almost everyone knows, or that too
  may be a ruse. in any case, i will not name
  any names. that is not the point, it is the
  question. and any realization from others of
  their connection to these events which have
  one common thread, from net.architecture
  to net.art and net.theorists, and academia.
  i realize my post must be on the verge of
  pure lunacy, it is by default that way, but
  sometimes words may get through the fog
  and be able to share some balanced, basic
  observations. people involved, the one i do
  know of, are not all bad. but they are not
  helping with changing things, at the same
  time being at the top of the pyramid giving
  orders on what to do next. or, potentially.
  and sometimes, this is not the same thing
  as what is proposed, nor may it be in any
  way intentional. but nonetheless real. so i
  will try to be gentle, but give a view from
  a place that is hard to imagine that it exists,
  and it may not, in absolute terms. but there
  is something going on, and maybe it is that
  endless loop, but if it is, that is the past. so
  i hope by writing, somethign else of a kind
  of descriptor might enter into discussion-
  zones of silence. it is unfortunate to me if
  this is seen as against the ideals and the
  real values that inhabit a unique place, yet
  there are also things unsavory. and if they
  are recognized and worked through, then
  everyone could be the better off. maybe not,
  it seems, though. makes everyone so angry.
  it would be easier to pretend it is unreal.
  but, i'll place my bet on change for the better.
  brian