Lachlan Brown on Mon, 18 Mar 2002 23:22:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] Fw: Re: Whites Only Pedophile Club?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lachlan Brown" <lachlan@london.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 17:12:20 -0500
To:  <cos01am@gold.ac.uk>,d.morley@gold.ac.uk
Subject: Re: Whites Only Pedophile Club?

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Win the Ultimate Hawaiian Experience from Travelocity.
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;4018363;6991039;n?http://svc.travelocity.com/promos/winhawaii/

--- Begin Message ---

Angela, et al.

   AIR-L unsubscribed me when I sent the following
message:

Subject Line: Whites Only Pedophile Club?

Jeremy,
I believe you unsubscribed me, please explain.

It is clear that my intervention
brought about by a discussion in January
concerning the revision and erasure of email archives and a comment by Sean Cubitt
"One day the world will mourn the loss of
my juvenelia" has been of interest to
many members.

It is also clear that one reaction to
this intervention was a displacement thread
concerning unsolicited mail from West Africa.

My questioning of this displacement
led to a discussion about identity and
search technologies raised by Barry Wellman.

When I questioned further the meaning of
the word 'juvenilia' in the context of
widespread abuse in the IT industry, in education as well as in commerce, a great many
questions began to arise, some on other lists,
some on this list.

The list is productively considering
a greater range of questions than it had
previously, and there is the emergence
of a set of pictures of Internet that are
very much in the public interest.

At this point you unsubscibed lachlan@london.com.

The process of questioning to lead to
the emergence of a culture influencing not only Internet but culture at large is in the
interests of the public.

I request therefore that you do not
hinder my intervention but help it.

Lachlan Brown