Lachlan Brown on Thu, 14 Mar 2002 04:39:02 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] Re: Moderator comment re my intervention in AIR-L

http://www.aoir.org see Archives under Resources January-March.

Jeremy, Thanks for your note. And what appears to be a warning.

I am encouraged by responses and by
coments from AoIR members as well
as people on other lists, people in the community, as well as colleagues. I
 intervened
in an thread concerning revision to
email archives, and a remarkable comment
by my former colleague Sean Cubitt.
 'one day the world will mourn the loss of my juvenilia' in the context of the revision
 of email archives.

It is refreshing to see a turnabout
 in AoIR around questions of social inclusion
 and it is clear that my intervention has
 been successful to the degree that areas
 that should have been subject to research
 are now being considered. There remain large
 areas of internet not yet referenced
 and there are some keys to what these may be in some of the posts since my intervention. I look forward to teasing reaction out further.

 What I am doing is necessary. I suggest you
 help highlight abuses in scholarship and
 in the industry otherwise people will wonder
 what your motives are in not doing so.

I am hardly a 'newbie'. I employ strategies and tactics contingent to the lists response and lack of it. Did you read my introduction to AIR-L in January 2002?

 Lachlan Brown