|Katie7012h06 on Wed, 27 Feb 2002 20:47:01 +0100 (CET)|
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
|[Nettime-bold] Bill Jones for California Governor 3751wPvm6-695lhiR7419asCA0-85l27|
5691oiaG9-821AohO6442kIwL2-152Fdjl4516ULRQ1-845emTZ82l50 _______________________________________________ Nettime-bold mailing list Nettimefirstname.lastname@example.org http://amsterdam.nettime.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/nettime-bold
I believe that Democracy is enhanced when the voter has factual information instead of propaganda and that the Internet has the power to transform politics and political campaigning.
This is a new and unique experiment. For the first time in history I am trying to make the Internet the vehicle to provide information to the people of California - NOT 30 second TV ads.
So while other candidates for Governor are spending over $10,000,000 dollars on 30 second TV ads, I am trying something new. What's new is this – I am only going to provide you with the facts on my record. Please go to my web site and check it out for yourself.
Check the Facts: THE BILL JONES RECORD OF LEADERSHIP AND EXPERIENCE1) Served for 12 years in the State Assembly and have twice been elected Secretary of State, receiving almost 12 million votes.I am grateful to have the endorsement of former Republican Governor George Deukmejian. He knows what it takes to be Governor and he made the following statement in support of my candidacy:
2) Authored and passed California's "3 Strikes" law, which has reduced crime by over twice the national average.
3) Strongly supported Prop 73, the first successful campaign finance reform law to limit campaign contributions to candidates.
4) Successfully co-authored Prop 204, the Safe, Clean, Reliable Water Supply Act.
5) Reformed California’s election process, registering or re-registering over 9 million voters while removing over 3 million ineligible voters to prevent voter fraud.
6) Aggressively fought and won a lawsuit to retain legislative term limits.
7) Set up an Internet campaign contribution disclosure system which forces candidates to report contributions over $1,000 within 24 hours on a website that is accessible to every citizen. www.cal-access.ss.ca.gov
8) I am a third generation farmer and rancher from the Central Valley. I have been married for 30 years. My wife Maurine and I have 2 daughters, and one granddaughter."I support Bill Jones for Governor because he has proven that he is not afraid to make tough decisions even if they're politically unpopular. His experience in state government makes him uniquely qualified to lead our state and I know that he is a steady hand in a crisis.ON MARCH 5th, I WOULD BE HONORED TO HAVE YOUR SUPPORT FOR THE REPUBLICAN NOMINATION FOR GOVERNOR. REGARDLESS OF YOUR CHOICE, I ASK YOU TO PLEASE GO OUT AND VOTE! THANK YOU!
In my heart and mind, I believe Secretary of State Bill Jones is our best hope for victory. He can defeat Gray Davis without sacrificing our principles or abandoning our Republican values. Most importantly, Bill Jones is a leader you can trust."
California Secretary of State
Your email was selected off the Internet based on your voter demographics. If you would like to be removed from future mailings, please click here.