Bruce Sterling on Mon, 11 Feb 2002 02:56:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] All right, I admit it -- I went to Davos

 I yield to no one in my admiration for Kermit Snelson,
but at this point, I want to know who else from nettime was
not down in Brazil with those zillion ineffectual leftists, but was
hanging out with the globalist Great and the Good in
Davos/NYC.

Was that a gig, or what? Did you get that radio-frequency ID badge?
And did you get the free Compaq  WinCE handheld?  Did
yours work?  And did those 4,000 paranoid New York cops steal your Swiss
Army pocketknife?  They sure  got mine!

Aw, c'mon, nettimers -- sure, sure, we all know  they're ruthless
global-capitalist exploiters of the masses and all that --
but hey, I've  been there.  And even though they may be richer than
Croesus, that is a way-Eurocentric event.

You don't have to out yourself to this whole list, or anything.
I'd never ask that of you -- even us hyperpower Yankees
have *some* discretion.

Just send me some private email, quietly admitting that indeed you were
there at the WEC, reading those five tedious kilos of earnest briefing
papers on environmental degradation and the rampant spread of AIDS.

Look, I forgive you.  I'm not judgemental about your slumming with Euro
zillionaires.   You can trust me.  I'll never tell Ted, or Pit, or Geert, or
all those sinister women on the FACES list.  C'mon, Bono was there!  So was
Naomi Campbell.  How bad can it be?

bruces
http://www.infinitematrix.net
Davos photos appearing soon!