lop1912 on Mon, 28 Jan 2002 02:29:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] porto alegre

I´m going to porto alegre, and I will try and write
something for nettime, next days.
What I know about the world meeting of PAL makes me
think that this is going to be an important step in the
institutionalisation of the movement.

Plenty of institutional and political persons are going
to be there, and this can mark the end of the first
phase of the anti-corporate movement: the cycle that
began in Seattle is closed. Now what?

In Genova we have understood that  the age of liberism
as a consensual policy is over. Corporate globalization
is becoming a global military dicatotorship.
It is time to take note of this.
Will the institutional way of the World Forum (a new
world is under construction) be enough?
I do not think so.
A new world is not under construction, so far.
Corporate Global dictatorship is destroying our world,
and a process of self-organization of collective
intelligence has not yet began.

I hope that in Porto Alegre there will be room for
discussing other possible strategies of action against
the corporate globalization.
I hope that in Porto Alegre there will be room for
discussing other strategies of action for the process
of self-organization of cognitive labour, beyond the
rules of capitalism.

bifo