Forced Entertainment - Tim on Sun, 16 Dec 2001 23:10:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] scamming

I got this great scamming email (it must be the fifth or sixth time I've
seen it, or one like it...). Do people have other examples of the genre?
Know anyone who has collected this stuff? I'm curious.

From:Dr.Thomas Mbeki
Tel/Fax#:882-164650382
South Africa

Attn:President/Ceo.

STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL BUSINESS PROPOSAL
RE: TRANSFER OF US$21.5 MILLION (TWENTY ONE MILLION,
FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND US DOLLARS ONLY).

I know this email will reach you as a surprise, butneed not to worry as we
are using the only secured and confidential medium available to seek for
foreign assistance/partnership in a business transaction which is of mutual
benefit.

I am a member of the Government of South African Contract Award and
Monitoring Committee in the Deparment of Mineral and energy(DME)Sometime
ago,a contract was awarded to a foreign firm in DME by my Committee. This
contract was over invoiced to the tune of US$21.5M. U. S.Dollars. This was
done deliberately. The over-invoicing was a deal by my committee to benefit
from the project. We now want to transfer this money which is in a suspense
Account with DME into any Overseas Account which we expect you to provide
for us.

SHARE: -
For providing the account where we shall remit the money into, you will be
entitled to 30% of the money,60% will be for me andmy partners while 10% has
been mapped out from the total sum to cover any  expenses that may be
incurred by us during the course of this transfer,both locally and
international expenses. It may interest you to know that a similar
transaction was carried out with one MR. PATRICE MILLER, President of Crane
International Trading Corp. of 153 East 57th St., 28th floor, NY10022,
TEL:(212)-308-7788 AND TELEX: 6731689. The deal was concluded and all
covering documents were forwarded to MR. MILLER to authenticate the claim.
Once the funds were transferred, MR. MILLER presented his Bank with all the
legal documents and remitted the whole funds to another Bank Account and
disappeared completely.My colleagues were shattered, as such opportunities
do not come all the time.In order for us to commence the transaction i would
require the following: -

1.Your company's name,address,telephone and fax numbers.
2.Your bank name,address,account and routing numbers
The above information would be use to make formal applications as a matter
of procedure for the release of the money and onward transfer to your
account. It does not matter whether or not your company does contract
projects of this nature described here. The assumption is that your company
won the major contract and subcontracted it out to other companies. More
often than not, big trading companies or firms of unrelated fields win major
contracts and subcontracts to more specialized firms for execution of such
contracts.

We have strong reliable connections and contacts at the Reserve Bank of
South Africa, as well as the Department of Finance and we have no doubt that
all the money will be released and transferred if we get the necessary
foreign partner to assist us in this deal. Therefore,when the business is
successfully concluded we shall through our same connections withdraw all
documents used from all the concerned Government Departments for 100%
security.

We are ordinary Government workers and we will not want to miss this once in
a lifetime opportunity to get rich. We want this money to be transferred to
the overseas Accounts for us, before the present Government start Auditing
all Federal Government owned Parastatals accounts.

Please contact me immediately through my tel/fax number or email addresses
whether or not you are interested in this deal. If you are not, it will
enable me scout for another foreign partner to carry out this deal. Butwhere
you are interested, send the required documents aforementioned herein
through my confidential
emailaddresses(thomas800@email.com)(thomas100@dubaimail.com) as time is of
the essence in this business.

I wait in anticipation of your fullest co-operation.

Yours faithfully,
Dr.Thomas Mbeki