ben moretti on Mon, 26 Nov 2001 10:57:02 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Chile Night

Hi Nina ~ One really only sees what one's country is like from the
outside looking in.... returning to Australia after a short time in
China and Hong Kong  I truly saw how foul the immigration officials are
here. Whilst standing in line with other travellers from Hong Kong, I
saw one fat immigration official singling out Chinese people and yelling
at them "DO YOU SPEAK ENGLISH?". After the politeness of people in HK it
was very embarrassing. ~ Ben