geert lovink on Thu, 8 Nov 2001 03:13:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] Jay Fenello: Economic Stimulus Package

From: "Jay Fenello" <Jay@Fenello.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2001 5:20 AM
Subject: Economic Stimulus Package

To Whom it May Concern,

As Congress considers economic stimulus packages
to counteract the current deflationary spiral, I
would like to respectfully suggest an alternate
to the current approach:

Instead of another corporate welfare program like
the airline industry bailout (where billions are
given to the world`s largest corporations ... to
the benefit of executives, not the workers), how
about one designed to help the American workers
transition to the new economy?

Specifically, I am suggesting that Congress fund
training for individuals similar to that offered
through my site, http://www.fenello.com , as well
as transition assistance packages designed to fund
their startup.  This program could be administered
by the Small Business Administration.

For many, many reasons, this would not only help the
millions who are currently unemployed and suffering,
but would position America at the leading edge of
the Information Revolution.

Without such a transition, I fear our future looks
bleak.  Thanks in advance for your consideration,
and please let me know if I can answer any questions.

Jay.

+++

Jay Fenello, Internet Coaching
http://www.Fenello.com ... 678-585-9765