integer on Sun, 28 Oct 2001 21:47:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] (no subject)

From: falk@mac.com

At 8:08 AM -0700 10/27/01, lev-digest wrote:
>Do you think the people-torturing, acid-in-the-face-of-women-throwing
>Taliban should stay in power?

One lesson to be learned from the cold war the fall of the wall and
the east germans: If the people get taken away their freedom they
will find a way to oppose the governement and bring it to fall. It
might take time it might take casualties but it is a far more healthy
way then throwing bombs and sending troops that have nothing to do
with the conflict. people are selfgoverning people that is what
democracy is about. what happens right now is impirialism.

They need to find a way out themselfs. just as the eastern
governments fall because they upset the majority of the people up to
a point where the people stand up against it or a natural transition
as it happens in China today (up to a point - i am still no friend of
the chinese gov at all but it does get better). I would even go as
far as saying that the UN should stop all foot supplies world wide.
That would solve a couple of problems. First most the much too many
people in regions that just do not support so many people (somalia
etc) . Second the people who do not get feed by the government enough
will revolt much sooner. Right now the taliban had never to support
their own population as that was taken care of by the UN. So instead
they could concentrate on penetration. the people always had enough
to eat and probably thought that the taliban where no problem after
all. If they would all starve I think they would already overthown
them. Its all about survival down there. Food is the only real good.
THey do not need coca cola or a iPod or whatever they only want to
survive. And then they are happy. Its hard to understand for
westerners. I would  suggest people making above comments to travel
to a similar region with similar problems and talk to the local
people and ask them lot of questions and you understand that up to a
point they are happy when they survive. They do not need more.
Everything more destroys their own culture and beliefs. Stop the
f*cking  US impirialism that starts to take over the world.

Because of the pressure by the US I will have lots of freedoms taken
away from me. Freedoms my mom and dad fought for when they wanted the
east german government to fall. Now the BKA (bundeskriminalamt /
something like the german fbi)  for 5 years gets as much power as the
east german secret service. They can listen to my communication any
time without a search warrant. they can plant bugs in my house. Even
worse is the thought that they want to put in fingerprints and
biometric data in our passports. If I travel to china and have to
give a chinese offical my passport they get my fingerprint my
handmessurment my face profile with it. Can you imagine how much harm
can be done with that data? And all that is because of the stupid
american president that has a problem with himself and clearly should
take some more politics and philosphical classes before he speaks to
the cows on his ranch again.

best
falk

PS: as for the afghan woman. I am sure its a tough situation but if
you remember back 150 years the US government where supporting slaves
and I know for sure that what the US citizens have done to some
slaves is far worse then what the taliban are doing to their woman.
What did the US do against the problem? it took a CIVIL WAR and 150
years to heal the wounds. Why do other nations not have the right for
self consolidation? It might take time and it might be hard to watch
it but the result will be far more stable internationaly and will
bear much less hatress. The only good thing to do is train refugees
from afghanistan or any other country in true democracy and give them
an understanding of the international world and a fundation of world
religions and different beliefs and train them to understand that a
different opinion is not a bad thing if you talk about it and learn
from the other. seems all so easy its all so hard.

--
prototypen

mailto:falk@prototypen.com

http://www.prototypen.com