Ivo Skoric on Sat, 27 Oct 2001 21:58:01 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Accidentally, one more time

How many times do you thing Pentagon is able to bomb Red
Cross warehouses in Kabul accidentally? So far, they admited to
have done it twice. Would anybody bet that it can happen a third
time? Or maybe even a fourth?

Meanwhile, the aid agencies like Oxfam, ICRC and MSF are
asking the US to stop dropping food on Afghanistan. They are fine
with the US amateurish dispensing of its expensive ordnance over
the vast Afghan mountainous dessert, with occassional children
assassinating blunder, but would like that US, please, leave the aid
delivery to professionals.

And the USA Patriot act is in force now. The law on the books is
nothing without the implementation. So we should see how worse
did the US become in terms of its liberties in the course of
implementation of that act.

Abroad, sadly, everybody took an opportunity to join in the global
misbehavior. Macedonians vs. Albanian minority. Israelis vs.
Palestinians. Russians vs. Chechens. Chinese vs. Uighurs. US,
indeed, takes pains to declare that not all Muslims are terrorists,
but in the other parts of the world such thinking is regarded as the
expensive luxury and best avoided.

ivo