M/C - A Journal of Media and Culture on Sat, 27 Oct 2001 02:18:01 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] M/C Reviews 'interactive' feature now online

                        A Special Announcement From

                 M/C Reviews - An ongoing series of reviews
                    of events in culture and the media.
                     http://www.media-culture.org.au/

                        'Interactive' Feature Issue

As editors of M/C Reviews, we have been overwhelmed with the positive
response to the 'interactive' feature issue. We would like to take this
opportunity to thank our contributors for their many excellent articles,
which are now available on the M/C Reviews Website.

Interactivity is, arguably, a relatively recent phenomenon. Increasingly
employed as an advertising gimmick, interactivity functions in a number of
disparate ways. Interactivity, in its basic form, refers to some form of
consumer involvement, usually in the form of a direct action, within the
product they consume. It proffers increased information, access, power and
even control for consumers. In this M/C Reviews feature, we have collected
a series of thought-pieces that represent a broad range of interpretations
of the terms interactive or interactivity as they relate to various arms
of media and/or cultural studies.

To further highlight the quality of this feature issue, we have decided
to postpone the 'colour' issue of M/C - A Journal of Media and Culture
until 2002. We thank the 'colour' contributors for their hard work, and
look forward to publishing their articles in June - but for now, please
enjoy the M/C Reviews 'interactive' feature issue!

Also in M/C Reviews is the current Stage X special - Queensland
Performing Arts Trust's Stage X is a festival aimed at the younger end of
Brisbane audiences. It has shifted from a 10 day format to an extended
series of performances over four months (Sept-Dec 2001). The emphasis is
on the post-boomer generations as both consumers and producers of
performing and visual arts. Reviews of shows will be produced as a
continuous feature by M/C Reviews, so stay tuned and keep revisiting the
site for the latest reviews.

Many other recent reviews -- too many to list here individually --
published in our five sections 'events', 'objects', 'screens', 'sounds',
and 'words' are also available online, as well as previous M/C Reviews
features.

M/C Reviews is a companion publication to the M/C - A Journal of Media and
Culture. Along with various other resources, both are available through M/C
Online at <http://www.media-culture.org.au/>.

M/C Reviews is now available at <http://www.media-culture.org.au/reviews/>.
   For more information on M/C Reviews and M/C, check out M/C Online at
                   <http://www.media-culture.org.au/>
M/C contributors are available for media contacts: mc@media-culture.org.au

end

                                                     Axel Bruns