Tetsuya OZAKI on Fri, 26 Oct 2001 16:03:01 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] ___ R E A L T O K Y O MAIL MAGAZINE Vol. 50___

   R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____26_10_2001_Fri_vol.50___________ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Tokyo, 4 Weeks:
Josef Nadj: "Les Commentaires d'Habacuc"

(2) Out of Tokyo
A New Great Spot for Roppongi: "Zone"

(3) Presents of the Week:
Invitations to "Les Commentaires d'Habacuc" and "Kawamata Tadashi -
Daily News"

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 41 events
including 13 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Tokyo, 4 Weeks

'Dance Theatre' of a Poetical Maze
Josef Nadj: "Les Commentaires d'Habacuc"

recommended by photographer Tamura Naoko

What is "Les Commentaires d'Habacuc"? This visionary labyrinth won
highest praise when it was first staged at the 'Avignon Festival'
in 1996. Josef Nadj himself is the owner of a brain circuit that's
just as twisted as his work. The unique choreographer from former
Yugoslavia is known as an avid reader, and the sea of books piling
up in his library is washing around the antique, leather-covered
barber chair…

Read more at
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/4weeks/0054-tamura.htm

(2) Out of Tokyo

A New Great Spot for Roppongi: "Zone"

In vol. 023 of his column RT/RO Editor-im-Chief, Ozaki Tetsuya
gives a comment on the recently opened "New Tokyo Life Style
Roppongi Think Zone" inside the Mori Building.

"Since I live in Azabu Toriizaka, this neighbourhood's so-called
"66 (Roppongi 6-chome) Kaihatsu (development)" project (officially
called "Roppongi Hills") is happening right before my eyes.
The daily changing landscape as a result of the operations of
bulldozers, cranes, and other high-tech construction machines I
don't even know by name, is a grand spectacle. Although the scale
is different, this reminds me of the dynamic scenery of destruction
and construction I witnessed when visiting the Potsdamer Platz in
Berlin a couple of years ago…"

Read more at

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/column/ozaki23.htm

(3) Presents

We still have some REALOSAKA Opening Memorial Goods to give away,
so hurry up to secure yourself the last badges and stickers.

New presents this week include invitations to Josef Nadj's dance
theatre piece "Les Commentaires d'Habacuc" for 3 couples.

To apply and for further information, please see:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/present/present.htm

Next week on RT:

- "Tokyo, 4 Weeks"
Tortoise

- "Tokyo Culture Diary" Vol. 16
by COMPOSITE Editor Sugatsuke Masanobu

- Tokyo Visitors' Book
Franck Stofer

and more…

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and convenient
for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us opinions or
productive suggestions concerning contents, structure, layouts,
etc. Three especially lucky readers who send a mail to
info@realtokyo.co.jp.
will be chosen and receive a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

---PR------------------------------------------------------------

ad@realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad@realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners on
our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get lots of
hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy information
on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events in town.
Please contact the following email address for dimensions and costs.

ad@realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad@realtokyo.co.jp>

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to change
your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_ja.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received by
email.