Reinhard Braun on Mon, 22 Oct 2001 16:31:05 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] rhizome using SMEX Content Filter

well, maybe it's already common knowledge to everbody but it hit me
surprisingly that rhizome is obviously using some Trend Scan Mail for
Microsoft Exchange Server to filter content; I don't know what this nearly
artificial intelligence type of software detected in our press release on
the upcoming ncc48 net ART community congress, but maybe some terms like
"open source" (bringing software knowledge to terrorists), "pressure group
for net culture" (beeing bad in itself), or maybe just the term "free"?

-rein

thanks for bringing into mind another topic for the conference, rhizome!

From: System Attendant <MAIL-SA@marco.org.mx>
To: "'Reinhard Braun'"
<braun@mur.at>
Subject: ScanMail Message: To Sender, sensitive content
found and action t
aken.
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 23:44:56 -0600

Trend SMEX Content Filter has detected sensitive content.
Place = Rare_Info@rhizome.org; ; ; Reinhard Braun
Sender = Reinhard Braun
Subject = RHIZOME_RARE ncc48 netART community congress | graz
Delivery Time = October 21, 2001 (Sunday) 23:44:55
Policy = Alestra
Action on this mail = Delete message
Warning message from administrator:
Content filter has detected a sensitive e-mail.

--

MiDiHy productions
Bauernfeldstrasse 26