Tetsuya OZAKI on Fri, 12 Oct 2001 19:01:02 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] ___ R E A L T O K Y O Vol. 47___

   R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____12_10_2001_Fri_vol.48___________ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Tokyo, 4 Weeks:
Tatekawa Danshi Solo Performance

(2) Out of Tokyo vol. 22
A Dialogue with Designer Higashiizumi Ichiro (part 2)

(3) Presents of the Week:
Invitations to "Zero to Ichi no Higan − Bridge over Troubled
Digits vol. 1" and a preview screening of "Libera Me"

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 45 events
including 10 new ones!
Plus new entries in our 'books/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Tokyo, 4 Weeks

To All Young People Who Don't Know Danshi
Tatekawa Danshi Solo Performance

recommended by rakugo artist and Danshi student Tatekawa Chicago

No matter what anybody might tell you, the two big names of rakugo
in the Showa era were Shinsho and Bunraku. Making a jump to Heisei
times (the present), every rakugo fan you ask to name two
representatives of contemporary rakugo will answer "Danshi and
Shincho." Back in my rakugo student days, the 'Danshi vs. Shincho'
discussion was almost a regular topic when I went out with my
friends. Some advocated Shincho's rakugo as "the one and only,"
others called Danshi the "true personification of rakugo."
The two were rivals from their early days...

Read more at
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/4weeks/0052-tatekawa.htm

(2) Out of Tokyo vol. 22

Part two of RT Editor-in-Chief, Ozaki Tetsuya's and designer
Higashiizumi Ichiro's discussion on "Neut." and design in general.

A Dialogue with Designer Higashiizumi Ichiro (part 2)

- I actually think that the discussion meetings were quite
interesting. I think it's not a bad concept to ask different
people, such as a musician (Tei Towa), a designer (Higashiizumi
Ichiro), and others for their opinions on sampling and copying.

"It's not bad indeed! And we had a lot of fun, too. But, once the
discussion with yourself in one corner is printed and you have
cooled down, you might find out that your opinion is actually a
different one, and that's a situation you have to take responsibility
for. Sato-san said, 'I have the impression that, if you're putting
so much effort into imitating, that means that you're paying the
full price for this.'

Read more at
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/column/ozaki22.htm

(3) Presents

To celebrate the launch of our twin site, REALOSAKA, we made some
REALOSAKA Opening Memorial Goods, containing a "Taiyo no To" badge,
very special stickers, and three different postcards.
Next to 30 sets of our sensational REALTOKYO stickers (ten per
set) these will be given to just everybody who applies!
(And the best is: you can put RT stickers and RO stickers together,
like a jigsaw puzzle!)

New this week in the Present corner are invitations to a unique
music event at Kichijoji's Star Pine's Cafe´, titled "Zero to Ichi
no Higan − Bridge over Troubled Digits vol. 1," as well as
invitations to a Preview screening of the movie "Libera Me."

To apply and for further information, please see:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/present/present.htm

Next week on RT:

- "Tokyo, 4 Weeks"
Lee Bul Exhibition

- "Tokyo Culture Diary" Vol. 16
by COMPOSITE Editor Sugatsuke Masanobu

- "Tokyo Visitors' Book"
Jan Svankmajer

and more…

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and convenient
for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us opinions or
productive suggestions concerning contents, structure, layouts,
etc. Three especially lucky readers who send a mail to
info@realtokyo.co.jp.
will be chosen and receive a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/