geert lovink on Fri, 5 Oct 2001 13:55:04 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] re: list of suspected terrorists removed!

From: "Seppo Koskela" <skoskela@kaapeli.fi>
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2001 9:35 PM
Subject: Re: list of suspected terrorists removed!

the reduced list (it's not in my computer) was one of the three main news
here in tvs and radios yesterday. I commed the net by google but did not
find any corresponding headlines.

conclusion: the mainstream media and police and surveillance bodies play
together in the name of *peace and prosperity*, *the american way of
living*, *national security* and so on. there is nothing new on that, we
still remember well the operation *desert strom* and the regulation of
media.

Most frightening is that we (as citizens) do not have any means to check or
control the information given out by security and military authorities. We
are not at state of war. Peacetime legislation is still valid. There is no
official state of emergency, martial law is not imposed.

Infinite justice needs blind faith. the defence of democracy needs common
sense. living in the era of real time requires decentralized and open
solutions, the centralized ones are too vulnerable to survive.

all the shit comes up. the illiterate fanatic masses of quasi-islam versus
overweight bloodthirsty dummies feedeed by monopolized media and chips -
this is perhaps that piece of art of lucifer as stockhausen put it.

*we* have been asked by brutal force, by crime beyond compare. when hunting
the masterminds and servants, we should not forget the most significant:
what was the question?

moving offline and getting drunk

take care

seppo