Ivo Skoric on Sat, 29 Sep 2001 21:26:45 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: Ground Zero and the Saudi connection

Yes, this is true. There is that subtle distinction between Saudis
and Romanovs. While they both presided over decadent
monarchies with idle, runaway, mostly foreign educated elites,
whose offspring peculiarly started to romantically identify itself with
the majority of deprivileged 'subjects' - Romanovs, at least, did not
finance their own mortal enemies.

Saudis want and need the US to protect them from their own
creation, while not wanting to part with it. This is a very tough
proposition. It is like an alcoholic that demands help but wouldn't
give up the bottle. How about creating WA (Wahhabis Anonymous)
and a 12 steps program for overcoming the religious zealotry
addiction?

ivo