Life in Africa on Thu, 27 Sep 2001 12:01:09 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Africa Speaks on developments in Uganda

From: "Africa Speaks Initiative"
<
africa-speaks-subscribe@topica.com>

EDITOR'S NOTE: Ugandan press reports that as many as 3 AL
QAEDA cells have been identified in Uganda. Uganda's most
hated terrorist, Joseph Kony, appears to be linked. Kony has
been abducting Northern Uganda's children to serve in an
army against their own people for the past 13 years - it's
reported that he sold some of the abducted Ugandan children
to Osama Bin Laden to work in his marijuana fields.

If you have been following the Africa Speaks Initiative, you
may note a new tone in some of the most recent messages
posted below.

In my own view, America should not take all these kind of
nonsense while lying down. In other words America should
better do something for the sake of the remaining Americans
and the world at large. I imagine that this kind of barbaric
attacks is ...
26Sep01: Okello Vernus - Teacher - Uganda
http://lifeinafrica.com/africa_speaks/from/okellover.html

Americans should wage war against the terrorists because the
damage inflicted on the American community, was unbelievable
which should not only be revenged with words but also
Action. As per the event taking place especially the
arrogant refusal ...
26Sep01: Muyebe Francis - Teacher - Uganda
http://lifeinafrica.com/africa_speaks/from/muyebefra.html

Terrorism and how to fight it. Terrorism is so bad and
according to what happened to Americas was hurting and very
painful. So what I would say is that president Bush should
find how he will work on terrorism before they destroy the
whole country ...
26Sep01: Namuyanja Sarah - Hair dresser - Uganda
http://lifeinafrica.com/africa_speaks/from/namuyanja.html

Evil should always be condemned and exposed. It's a pity
innocent lives were lost. American is a super power and
should use all its resources to get Osama bin laden and his
people. As a mother with young kids I do not support war
since it leads ...
26Sep01: Namutebi Deborha - Business - Uganda
http://lifeinafrica.com/africa_speaks/from/namutebidr.html

Osama bin Ladin is not needed in Uganda at all and Ugandas
do not need him because he is terror. War should not be
there again because it takes life of people even the
innocent ones. It is costly and it brings poverty,
misplacement of families ...
26Sep01: Adyeri Margret - Nurse - Uganda
http://lifeinafrica.com/africa_speaks/from/adyerimar.html

Personally I think America should bring the people who did
that terrible act in the United States of America to
justices That war is not about different worlds as mentioned
but it is dealing with the world where the suspect's come
from which ...
26Sep01: Akello Betty - Student - Uganda
http://lifeinafrica.com/africa_speaks/from/akellobet.html

The word Terrorism means the fighting of the people against
the government indirectly i.e. not fighting for a win/lose
button. Terrorists mostly fear themselves and are hypocrites
because they cannot show themselves or their power. When
fighting ...
26Sep01: Kashaki - Business woman - Uganda
http://lifeinafrica.com/africa_speaks/from/adyerimar.html

Join the Africa Speaks Initiative discussion list:
mailto:africa-speaks-subscribe@topica.com

More Info: http://LifeInAfrica.com/africa_speaks

The Life in Africa Foundation
PO Box 28825, Kampala, Uganda