josh zeidner on Wed, 26 Sep 2001 19:59:24 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> dot com auction

 For me, the ultimate culmination of 90s excess was
the internet "surviellance art" project, "We Live In
Public".  The premise of the site(
www.weliveinpublic.com ), was that a couple, and thier
friends would have all aspects of thier lives(
fucking, shitting, entertaining guests ) broadcast
over the net.  It was almost comical, these people
were so exagerratedly self-absorbed.  The girl
believed this would launch her "independent film
career", she later had some kind of mental breakdown
and had to leave the project.  The guy was dot-com
millionaire who thought he was Andy Warhol( although
his understanding of warhol was comparable to his
penis size :} ).  I dont know if you can still watch
any of the footage, if you are a 90s critic, I would
check it out.

 -thanks for the post!

 -josh

nettime@bbs.thing.net