Paul D. Miller on Sat, 22 Sep 2001 00:33:00 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Saul Williams and Paul D. Miller at The Atlantic Center for theArts

Hey folks, I hope this letter finds youwell. I'm now in Florida (if
anyone is in the vicinity, feel free to give a shout out to any of
the events we've got going...).

I'm doing a "Master Artist" residency at the Atlantic Center for the
Arts with Saul Williams, and Carrie Mae Weems. Basically we choose
six six students each - "associate artists" - and just flow
creatively for three weeks in a beautiful area of Florida called New
Smyrna Beach about an hour out of Orlanda (yep, near the Kennedy
Space Center, and Universal Film Studios, but far far far more
chilled out than those spots - we're right off the ocean...). So it's
a mellow cool out situation with art being made. Me and Saul are
going to post some of our thoughts on contemporary culture to the
afrofuturist list once a day, and if I can get Carrie to get more
digital, her and her students might post a little bit as well. Me and
Saul might post some poems with beats/tracks as Mp3 files for the
list as well. Other future participants will include Janine Antoni
(the oh so very young recipient of the MacArthur "genius award" a
little while ago), and Ishmael Reed.

and for an article describing our endeavors, check the Orlando Weekly:
http://www.orlandoweekly.com/music/feature/index.asp?f=315

and for more info check the website:

http://www.atlanticcenterforthearts.org

and a schedule of our events:
http://www.atlanticcenterforthearts.org/comm_prog/calendar/cal_fs.htm

....we're doing a special screening of Slam (a movie that I did the
score for...) slightly remixed... and of course, me and Saul have our
respective new albums coming out... his, entitled "Amythest Rockstar"
(produced by Rick Rubin)  and mine "Under the Influence" (featuring
tracks by Moby, Future Sound of London, Talvin Singh, Ryuichi
Sakamoto, Sonic Youth, Anti-Pop Consortium, Beth Coleman a.k.a. Dj
Singe and MC Verb of NYC's multi-media party, Soundlab... and many
others) will be out by the end of the month. We're having a big
record release party in NYC in a little while...

If you're into arts and digital media residencies, let me know... I
do this alot. Here's the blurb:

Apply to work with world-renowned master
artists. If selected, you receive housing, weekday meals, and award-winning
studio space in New Smyrna Beach, Florida

and for an article describing our endeavors, check the Orlando Weekly:
http://www.orlandoweekly.com/music/feature/index.asp?f=315

Port:status>OPEN
wildstyle access: www.djspooky.com

Paul D. Miller a.k.a. Dj Spooky that Subliminal Kid

Subliminal Kid Inc.

Office Mailing Address:

Music and Art Management
245 w14th st #2RC NY NY