G.H. Hovagimyan on Fri, 21 Sep 2001 14:32:46 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] The End of America

I did this piece as a video and text for my Palm
Rants project.
<http://artnetweb.com/gh/rants.html>

It was done on August 31st, 2001.

How do you think America will end?
Some say we will be overrun with immigrants.
Others say we will turn into a country ruled by
corporations.

Will we be destroyed for our sinfulness like
Sodom and Gommorrah by a religious terrorist?
Let's say that we continue along with building
housing developments and burning fossil fuel
and depleting our natural resources.
I mean after all, the business of America is
business. Then what? The American desert?
How about this?
We build machines more intelligent than us and
they take over.
Maybe.
But the lessons of history tell us that all empires
fall victim to their own success.

Everyone in America is afraid of something.

But you wonder if the fear is being manufactured
by the politicians and mass media or if it's being
generated from the population or maybe its a bit
of both.
So America has a new mission. Conquer the
world with capitalism.
But what if the world doesn't want it.
Is America always right?

Have you downloaded the latest calling software from Net2Phone? Click here to get it now!

http://www.net2phone.com/cgi-bin/adforward.cgi?p_key=NH211JK&url=http://commcenter.net2phone.com/