mollybh on Fri, 21 Sep 2001 02:54:20 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] FUTURES AHEAD

One way out of the captialist cowboy ("wanted dead or alive") and the capitalist
religious-patriarchalrhetoric on "both sides" of the global picture is to
situate ourselves among the oppressed women of the world as this is one common
denominator of both the west and the east which is an outcome of male-dominated
governing bodies - rogue or proper - and upon situating ourselves among the
oppressed women of all nations, to rethink the possible sets of futures we
may have in terms of the on-going international struggles by oppressed women
for human rights, dignity, personal freedom and empowerment. With all our
strength, we pose a mighty alternative to chauvanistic male-dominance in
all its destructive forms.