Life in Africa on Wed, 19 Sep 2001 22:57:24 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Walking ghosts of war

From: "Africa Speaks Initiative"
<africa-speaks-subscribe@topica.com>

Name:        Lamwaka Beatrice
Age:         16-25
Occupation:  Student
Tribe:       Acoli
Nationality: Ugandan

America is great and must realise it is a super power and
everything they will decide will affect the the whole world,
therefore must scrutinise the situation before rushing to
any action.

There is need for peace talk between the americans and the
terrorist so that many lives(innocent) are not lost, this
will take an eternity to end.

Sincerely, I do not know, I only  think it is a terrorist
attack and they should be dealt with and not a group otr
notion,not all people in a nation are criminals.

America should not revenge by starting a war. No! War is not
the solution. The question is war against who? Americans
should not rush to war but find out the truth and must find
a heart to forgive and that will proof that America is a
super power. Whenever america suffers the rest of the world
suffer too.

I was born in a war affected area of Northern Uganda. My
education was delayed and many people in my home area have
watched their loved ones mutilated, slaughtered and it is a
very traumatising experience.

My brother was abducted by the rebels for four weeks. By the
time he came back home, we had alredy performed the retual
of "dead and not found". The whole time after his arrival to
his death, he was treated like a ghost.I hate war and I am
sure it is not the solution to terrorism, because it will
continue. I would have finished my education by now, but
could not because I spent my time runing in and out of class
everytime I heard a gun shot.

Lamwaka Beatrice
LamwakaBeatrice@lifeinafrica.com

Join the Africa Speaks Initiative mailing list:
mailto:africa-speaks-subscribe@topica.com

Searchable archives: http://LifeInAfrica.com/africa_speaks