Greenman on Wed, 19 Sep 2001 16:44:36 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] The Rise of The South.

I sit watching bits of news from the other side of the globe. The North
looks like it's got trouble coming. In a few years time we'll be looking
back, and Sept 11 2001 will have a nice big red circle around it. That was
a big day, and where will it take us ?

The North is set for paranoia. Osama is a scapegoat, but, I pretty much
doubt that anyone will ever own up. The hunt for 'The Man' is just
something to appease the public, it's not anything real. Soon enough
everyone will accept this. Then they will start looking for other options.

If you are not with them, you are against them. We can all see this. The
paranoia that will not go away will keep giving the fatcats more
opportunities to get hard on those with other ideas. The anti-globalism
aspects of the destruction will make the 'black-block'  even more of a
target for the powers that be.

Those with other ideas will be hunted, writers and artists will become
suspects and the strengthened intelligence agencies will come
knocking.  There will be no peace.

So, run away! Come to South Africa! The end of apartheid has left the
country with one of the most open environments around. The new culture is
beginning to emerge, a new pride is taking hold. Johannesburg has become
the center of the New Africa, this is where black and white meet. Soon, I
believe, it will be the center of the world.

South Africa still hopes to achieve real freedom. The obsession is not to
protect the freedom that used to exist, but instead, to get closer to the
ideal. Inspiration is everywhere, Africa is rising.

  MILLIONS OF PEOPLE CAN'T BE WRONG

Greenman       Truth Manufacturing Consultant

aitch tee tea pee colon slash slash muti dot tv

       F O R G E   T H E   F U T U R E  !