Bill Spornitz on Thu, 13 Sep 2001 16:02:43 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] ancient whiz-dumb

To Whit - A humble twenty-first century gesture:

Forwarding the (forwarded) mutterings of antiquity to thousands of
faceless and nameless correspondents.

The Future is here. Breathe Deep...

>  Here is an interesting quote from nostradamus (1654)
>
>  "In the year of the new century and nine months,
>  From the sky will come a great King of Terror...
>  The sky will burn at forty-five degrees.
>  Fire approaches the great new city...
>  In the city of york there will be a great collapse,
>  2 twin brothers torn apart by chaos
>  while the fortress falls the great leader will succumb
>  the third big war will begin when the big city is burning"
>  - NOSTRADAMUS 1654
>

>  2001 is the first year of the new century and this is the 9th
>  month.
>
>  New York is located at the 41st degree Latitude.

Perhaps it is the Insects who are behind all this, for it is They who
will ultimately benefit from our (now scheduled, soon to be
rehearsed, promoted and presented) self-immolation.

My heart-felt sympathies to the survivors. (All of us.)

ps- more ancient gobbledy-gook:

1 And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.
2 And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they
found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.
3 And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn
them thoroughly.  And they had brick for stone, and slime had they
for mortar.
4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top
may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be
scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.
5 And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the
children of men builded.
6 And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one
language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be
restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they
may not understand one another's speech.
8 So the Lord scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all
the earth: and they left off to build the city.
9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the Lord did
there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the
Lord scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.