FrodeauxB on Wed, 5 Sep 2001 14:39:03 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> It's the law!-Or is it the money?

Ivo,
Well, for what it is worth, the rule of law does seem to protect a lot of
folks in a lot of ways. It is subject to manipulation, but it is the best
thing going thus far. There are simply some folks who, if they are touched,
they aren't reached. Read Democracy in America, particularly the section on
the law and attorneys. I am still idealistic and hopeful, so I go to work
every day dedicated to my principles and optimistic about this existence. I
enjoy reading critiques like yours, if for no other reason that they make me
sit down and think through what I believe. As a Franciscan priest once told
me, "Cherish the heretics; they test our faith which we often take for
granted." He also told me to never let anyone or anything come between me and
God-especially not a priest.