florian schneider on Sun, 22 Jul 2001 12:02:06 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] imc genoa being attacked by police

[maybe for the next for the imc-raid digest /fls]

Von: Anna <anna@mail.nadir.org>

hi,

you probably have an idea by now of what's happened here in genoa. it's
10 am in the morning now, and we try to get an overview of how many
people were actually arrested and how many are hurt. there are a lot of
very serious injuries, and, as always, people were arrested out of the
hospital. i won't repeat the whole thing here now - have a look at the
indymedia websites.

so far we have no clue why this happened, other then that you can get
reactions if you start annoying the authorities.

i'd like to ask everyone to raise awareness, contact italian embassies
to make them know people are watching, contact your foreign offices to
ask them to make their embassies here italy make sure the arrested get
out of there soon and the injured get treated properly.

it seems some of the embassies say that they don't know about people of
their respective nationalities being arrested and/or hurt. the media
start reporting that we apparently smashed a police station either
before or after their attack which is a lie. also they report about very
few or no arrestes and injuries which also is a lie.

i'll probably write more later, but then you can find a lot on the web.
we're in a state of shock as you can probably imagine.

contact us if you have questions. we'll be here today but might have to
clear out of the building later.

Anna