Nettime on Tue, 17 Jul 2001 01:11:36 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: newsletters on nettime

Josephine,

nettime does not have a general policy against carrying the occasional
newsletter. What we do not like is to be subscribed to another email list
and then receiving each and every post of this email list which in the
case of cream also included a whole bunch of test messages. We accept
newsletters if they are sent individually to us (such as the latest
mutella).

We told you (ie. the cream crew) at least FIVE times that we wanted to be
unsubscribed. No such luck. As you certainly know it is very bad style to
subscribe someone (or something) to a list without permission and then to
refuse to unsubscribe this address. Usually, this is called spam and we
filter spam.

At any rate, unsubscribe nettime and, if you want, send us occasionally a
cream newsletter when it is of particular relevance to the nettime list.

Felix