Lighthouse on Tue, 26 Jun 2001 17:04:04 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] FIELD 27: SCOTT deLAHUNTA & HOMOGENIUS tomorrow [ press ]

FIELD 27:  SCOTT deLAHUNTA & HOMOGENIUS

An evening of contemporary digital art, live performance and debate.

     Tomorrow - Wednesday 27 June 2001, 8pm (doors 7:30pm)
     Sussex Arts Club, 7 Ship Street, Brighton
     Free entrance

Scott deLahunta presents 'Software for Dancers' - a collaborative
project between the Sadler's Wells, Random Dance Company, WRA and
ACE, which has developed a digital creative rehearsal tool for
choreographers.  Scott is currently a Research Fellow and guest
lecturer at Dartington College of Arts and has worked as a technology
consultant for the Laban Centre and is a partner of Writing Research
Associates

Simon Poulter presents Homogenius, a Powerpoint presentation
evaluating the relationship between homosexuality and genius in the
last 100 years. Using the established business vernacular cliché of
Powerpoint, Poulter touches on outré subject matter.  Homogenius has
been supported by the J.A. Clark Charitable Trust, Watershed and DA2.
Poulter's previous works include Hyperphilately and Microhenge. He is
a co-founder of the PVA Media Lab in Dorset.

     [ apologies if you receive this posting more then once ]

--

F I E L D ... F I E L D ... F I E L D ... F I E L D ... F I E L D ...
F I E L D ... F I E L D ... F I E L D

Upcoming FIELD events include...  Foreign Logics & The Dreamer

FIELD is co-programmed by Lighthouse and BN1 and generously supported by
South East Arts.

<http://www.bn1.co.uk/field>     <http://www.lighthouse.org.uk>

For further information please contact David Sinden at Lighthouse on
01273 384222 or david@lighthouse.org.uk