knowbotic research on Fri, 15 Jun 2001 12:09:25 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] [plug in] databodies/cloners/tracenoizers/viewfinders

ART Basel, June 2001, Liste 01, 11.-17.6., Burgweg Basel, 13h-21h
[plug in]
_is an internationally oriented pilot project initiating, sponsoring and
mediating innovation in the expansion
of artistic interaction with new media. [plug in] decentralizes the concept
of curatorship with network agents,
who plug projects into our online and offline program. Our network agents
for 2001 are Annette Schindler,
Orlando Fleury, Yvonne Volkart, Michael Pfister and Rafael Koch.

Eventmodul::anonymous.databody.muttering / by knowbotic research (Zurich /
Cologne)
_addresses the phenomenon of our digital identity. knowbotic research
builds data bodies from the many personal
traces we leave when using forms of digital communication. In this
installation, visitors can activate the databodies
of several ART Basel -participants, while these data streams in turn
trigger acoustic and optical signals, and thus provide a
spacial experience. http://io.khm.de/databody/
live stream 13h-21h mez
TraceNoizer. Disinformation on Demand/ by LAN
_Protect your databody  clone it. Professional cloning assistance by
TraceNoizer creators. TraceNoizer provides a
tool, which enables the users to clone their databodies, multiply their
userprofile and thus anonymize oneself online.
http://www.tracenoizer.org
Clone-it ! (featuring LAN and knowbotic research)
All databodies of the ART Basel participants get cloned and protected
during the week of the Art Fair.
http://clone-it.org

Viewfinder / by Blast Theory (London)
_promises  but ultimately withholds  a glimpse of an intimate scene: the
inviting openness of a large projection
leads the visitor to a private view through a camera in which erotic images
are obscured and fragmented.
Filmed continuously over 24 hours using a time-lapse technique, Viewfinder
juxtaposes the everyday with the porno-graphic.
With its reference to webcams and surveillance technology, the piece poses
questions about mediation,
selfreflection and the voyeuristic impulse. http://www.blasttheory.co.uk

location of the installations
Liste 01, 11.-17.6., Burgweg Basel, 13h-21h

Knowbotic Research
IO_dencies http://io.khm.de
connective force attack http://h---h.de
Klosbachstrasse 45,