Heiko Recktenwald on Thu, 14 Jun 2001 13:47:01 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Net blackout marks Web's Achilles heel

> intentional blackout suited the purposes of one side in the collapse of
> talks between two major Internet service providers, Cable & Wireless and the
> financially strapped PSINet. A critical link between the two networks was
> cut, blocking some companies from seeing their own Web sites, and stalling
> e-mail between thousands of sources.

Well, customers had still the choise to go AOL or whatever. We had the
same situation here with a big telephon company (for long distance
phonecalls) that couldnt pay its own telephone bill. Thats market.

H.