Bill Spornitz on Thu, 24 May 2001 18:34:05 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] high fetish

Go Ahead, ye Nettime Dragons!-> Flame me if you will, but I have for
you, Right Here, Right Now, none other than

<blink><a href="http://www.carolwood.com/Glillybelle/webalbum/index.htm>

Walt Disney's Toy Train!

</a></blink>

quoting:

Walt Disney happened to be one of America's greatest railfans who, through
his own initiative and personal financial resources, was responsible for
preserving real steam railroading for generations to enjoy at the
Disneyland parks in Anaheim, Orlando, Tokyo and Paris.  He helped build and
enjoyed sharing one of the most intricately detailed miniature live-steam
home railroads ever created: the one-eighth scale Carolwood Pacific
Railroad.  It was this backyard pike at his estate in the Holmby Hills area
of Los Angeles, that provided the launching point for his vision of a
family oriented themed amusement park we all know as Disneyland.

<

happy day, ye dragons...