integer on Sat, 19 May 2001 04:23:18 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: DNA 'bomb'

>Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 14:05:40 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Faith Wilding <fwild+@andrew.cmu.edu>
>Subject: DNA bombs
>
>scott:
>>> And of course all agricultural crops and animals
>
>this is not correct really. Bioengineered genetic modification is quite
>different than selective breeding. For one thing it is much quicker. For
>another, you can recombine DNA from different species in a way you can't
>with hybridization and selective breeding.
>
>Yesterday I had lunch at a new biotech venture firm which prides itself
>on not being venture capitalist but rather a venture catalyst--"where
>life and computing converge." They are making it possible for professors
>from universities which retain the rights to their faculties' research
>results to team up with entrepreneurs, doctors, and independent
>laboratories, in order to bring their inventions to market. Their main
>thrust is of course the altruistic one of "human healing."

Their main thrust is of course the advancement of their careers
subsidized by public funds stolen from the `rogue nations`
supposedly terrorizing the thieves.

>We have seen

who are "We" +?

>with "experts" or the "authorities."

>Let's keep the pressure up on
>theorizing and building critical practices around the biogenetic
>disturbance. Then trampling down some GM corn will soon seem like small
>(Monsanto) potatoes.

nettime and your body operate on the same principles as Monsanto.

>Faith Wilding

your parents assigned name.

cmu.edu - korporat fascist amalgam subsidized by public funds
          stolen from the `rogue nations` supposedly terrorizing the thieves +?

>Let's keep the pressure up on

let's keep the pressure on your personal neurons - perhaps actually advance this specie.

prev on nettime - [isnt memocide lovely]

>So my next question specific to this topic, is to ask; if all GM is not
>bad,

gm isnt bad. gm is inefficient.
research indicates organic farming is most efficient.

would you like to purchase gm air +?

        nature is gratis.
        art isnt.

art = gm = kapitalism \ korporat fascism

i.e. artist = korporat fascist.

amicalement.nn

    /_/
                          /
             \            \/       i should like to be a human plant
            \/       __
                    __/
                                   i will shed leaves in the shade
        \_\                        because i like stepping on bugs

Netochka Nezvanova                   nezvanova@eusocial.com
                                    http://www.eusocial.com
                                  http://www.biohakc.com
                                http://www.ggttctttat.com/!