amanda on Mon, 30 Apr 2001 02:57:38 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] <nettime> [2x] Sorry, there's no fee, c'mon it's just a link!

Sorry for cross posting, but I thought this relevant to each of these lists...

This is a most interesting post given the number of lists that have recently
been discussing curatorial practice in the area of new media, including net and
web based work.  I, for one, have always been in favour of providing (at least a
nominal - depending on the situation) fee for artists when their work is
included in an exhibition context - it is, after all, contextualising work in an
'exhibition' context.  Just as you would pay a screening fee for any other form
of screen based works - and particularly, as in this instance, when the curator
is being paid a fee for putting the program together.   And do you think any of
the other artists nominated for inclusion in the show would agree to exhibit
without being paid a fee?!

But what I *really* want to see is the web based work from 1993 that is being
including in the show!!

Amanda

---------------------- Forwarded by Amanda McDonald Crowley/Adelaide Festival on

"nettime's virtual coin box" <nettime-l@bbs.thing.net> on 30/04/2001 05:55:28 AM