josef clean on Tue, 24 Apr 2001 23:12:40 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] lostlove.robot38.com goes live!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

josef clean and robot138.com are proud to announce the
release of a new
net.art project by chris bassett, the lostlove project. the work was
released to a
limited test audience on 5 april 2001, and is now being released
for public
viewing and use. the lostlove project is accessible at
http://lostlove.robot138.com. microsoft internet explorer 5.0 is
recommended,
but any modern browser will work. no plugins are necessary.

about the work:
----------------------
losing at love is an experience everyone has gone through to
some degree.
the loves that we lose are the ones that we remember most
vividly and for the
longest. they also make the most interesting love stories. the
lostlove project
aims to compile stories about lost love. users enter stories which
are then
linked by the lostlove engine to create a metanarrative of a
relationship.
----------------------

about the artist:
----------------------
chris recieved his BFA in graphic design from western michigan
university in
2001. he has participated in many digital art exhibitions in the
united states and
worldwide, most recently in south africa and michigan. he is part
of the
cleansuit:collaborative (http://cleansuit.robot138.com), pursuing
world
domination through media. chris lives and works in the s.f. bay
area of
california. a previous net.art work of his is accessible at
http://jkk.robot138.com.
chris may be contacted at lostlove@robot138.com